"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Toilet Paper Fight.

Any shopping trip with my family is always a good show, especially for the innocent bystanders. It's always a different scenario between my sister and my dad. I am going to be honest here, sometimes they act like they are five year olds, but, I love them. Plus, they make the shopping experience a one for the books.

Every time we go shopping it's chaotic. Sometimes we get looked at weird, or we over hear people talking about the "Crazy Family in Aisle Seven". But, we usually are already cleared out of aisle seven, and on to the next in a matter of seconds. My mom pushes us all out, so the bystanders can't get a good look.

Today, when my mom called me on her way home from work, asking me to go grocery shopping with her, you could imagine how hesitant I was. Then she spoke the words I have been waiting for. "Just me and you!" To every teenage girl, well, maybe just me, that was music to my ears. I love being alone with my mom. We talk about "girl" things, and anything else I can't bring up in front of my sister and my dad without being laughed at. Shopping with my mom is the BEST! Sometimes, I get some extra stuff, and if we are clothes shopping, I get to overload, because Ashley is not there. It's amazing!

When my mom got home from work, we embarked on our shopping journey. We usually grocery shop at Wegmans, but since it was a school night, we went somewhere close to home, Walmart. To me, Wegmans is the God of all grocery stores. It's clean, it has awesome food, and if you are lucky, they are handing out free samples! :) Walmart, is half as clean, has "great value" food, which is not that "great", and they don't handout free samples. Well, at least I think. But, anyways. Wegmans is the Bomb. Sorry Walmart.

The one thing I love about Walmart is seeing all the people. Sometimes, they look like they just rolled out of bed, or they look like they just rolled around in mud. They are called "The People Of Walmart". I wish I was clever enough to think of that, but I wasn't. My mom and I did not look like we fit in there.

After getting a bunch of groceries, and some snacks I picked out, we headed to the checkout line. The checkout girl wasn't as nice as the people at Wegmans. We were not greeted with a smile, or a nice "hello". We got a weird look, and what seemed to be a grunt. After the checkout, we hauled our heavy cart toward the parking lot. As we were loading the car, my mom decided it would be funny to hit me with one of the bags, so, to retaliate, I grabbed the huge twelve pack of toilet paper and began to swing it. As I lifted it towards my mom, the whole thing broke. The plastic ripped, and the twelve toilet paper rolls went flying back into the cart. My mom picked one up and threw it at me, and soon enough, we were playing dodge ball in the Walmart parking lot. People were staring and probably Facebook Updating about us.
"Watching two idiots throw toilet paper at each other at Walmart, no big deal. Text up the cell."

Yeah, we were still being judged as the crazy family, but at least we weren't in aisle seven!

2 comments:

  1. I don't find any of this hard to believe Amanda! Great story, put a smile on my face. I sure needed one today/this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog makes my whole day! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete