"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Thursday, November 17, 2011

Social Sacrifice.

There has never been a time where people could communicate and express themselves as instantly, and as fast as we do now-a-days. I can not believe that there was actually a time in life where, in order to talk to someone, you had to write a letter. It seems like nobody writes letters anymore!

Personally, I enjoy writing. I like writing in different ways, and trying to impersonate others writing habits. I love the feeling of holding a pen in my hands, and the noise of the paper crunching as my hand moves along it slowly. I always feel like I am creating something so amazing when the pen touches paper. Sometimes, I feel if I use slow strokes, I can draw like an artist, but then, I look down and it looks like the work of a five year old. It still always feels like I'm creating something so magical when my pen touches down on the paper, even if it is just a doodle.

When you are forced to physically write something out, you are always cautious about messing up. But, now with all the technology we have today, you can go back and delete something without worrying about a mark. All we have to worry about is pushing buttons. I, honestly don't even notice how many times I mess up. I just did approximately five times just in that sentence alone. It's crazzzy! Your finger slips, easy fix, push a button, you need to remember something, press a button to copy, you need to check the spelling on a word, easy, just hit "spell check". It's absurd how much we actually take for granted. We are spoiled!

Back in the day, (and this is from ALL my experience), you probably had to scream outside your window in order for people to know what was going on in your life. "Today I woke up, and had a piece of toast. Going shopping later!!" I bet your neighbors would get pretty sick of you, especially if you are the type of person who likes people knowing everything about your life.

Even on Facebook, which we take for granted. Facebook was made so you could catch up with old friends and family, not to tell your whole life story. I, personally don't want to see that on my "News Feed", and I bet others feel the exact same way. I don't want to know every detail about your day, and where you are at every moment.

Now that everything is electronic, and easy to use, we can e-mail, text, Facebook, Tweet, Skype, instant message, *Blogggg*, Face Time, oovoo, and SO much more. We take it for granted. Every person can automatically express there feelings, thoughts, or opinions through their phone, computer, iPod, or any other crazy inventions I missed.

It's considered "CRAZY" now to pick up a phone and talk to someone too! When did that change? If you want to talk to someone it has to be through instant message? Now, if you call someone, they start freaking out as if someone were to die. And, then you would simply reply with, "I just wanted to talk..." People would think you were crazy! "Did you hear that so-and-so called me yesterday, just to chat? That's crazy, I know." Again, I like talking on the phone, but for anyone who knows me, I like talking in general.

It's also really awkward talking with someone face to face, especially if you already stalk them on every account they own. You would talk about their amazing trip to France, but you already read fifty five statuses about it, and saw over two-hundred pictures.

When you think about it, it is crazy how much time and energy we use just to be technical. We spend hours stalking, reading, or writing back to people. And less time talking in person. Wouldn't it be better to talk to someone personally, then to stalk them? We really sacrifice a lot in life when it comes to technology.

It is literally, taking over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment