"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Look! It's A Flying Squirrel.

Today, I didn't have school, so, you could imagine what a great day I had. I was looking forward to writing a blog later, but nothing interesting was happening to me. I could have written about my day with Netflix, and how I watched a whole season of Desperate Housewife's, but what would I say?

I turned on Netflix around eight thirty, and started watching some episodes. I officially turned off Netflix at four thirty. That sounds like a good blog to me! :) Talk to you tomorrow.

Just kidding...

Nothing "blog material" had happened to me until I saw my little sister's bus drop her off at three. I watched as her and the neighbors exited the bus, and each one of them had a giant smirk on their faces. I didn't know if it was because it was the last day before a break, or if it was me they were smirking at because I was standing outside in my "lounge-around clothes." I didn't think it was me, but then they were all calling my name. I quickly ran over and they were all shouting the same thing, but it was still hard to make out. With their screaming surrounding me, I looked down and saw a dead squirrel.

And that's where the miscellaneous title come in...

All four kids, including myself, were standing in the middle of the road, pointing and screaming at the squirrel. I didn't know what to do. It was gross! I will not get into specific details, because just thinking about it makes me sick. I looked around to see if there were any adults, but, just my luck, everyone was at work.

I am convinced that my neighborhood is one of the best neighborhoods in Hamburg, maybe even the world. Everyone knows everyone, and we are always doing fun activities. Whether it is from a big game of kick-ball, or a movie night. Personally, I like Movie Nights the best. One of my neighbors own a projector, and occasionally in the Summer, they will bring that out, and set it up against one side of their house. All the neighbors will gather around with their folding chairs, and some popcorn, and watch a movie. And, the best part, it's ALWAYS a Disney movie!

Anyways, back on the squirrel. It was horrifying. I'm embarrassed to admit that I felt bad for it. I couldn't keep it on the road so it's squirrel family could see it laying there, but obviously, I WAS NOT going to touch it. As some cars were coming by, we all rushed to the sidewalk, in hope the person in the car would see us scrambling from something, and maybe stop. But no one did. The seventh grade boy took a stick, and well without being graphic, poked it and stuck it somewhere where he would be able to pick it up. My sister was amazed by this. She took out her phone, and started taking pictures. Ewww. I held her back, but her being stronger, she broke free and continued to take pictures. The boy was going to stick it down the sewage drain in the street, but I would not allow it. I didn't think that was right, especially since it was in front of someones house. So, the seventh grader held the stick with the squirrel hanging from it, and started running. He was screaming "LOOOOK!!!! THE SQUIRREL IS FLYING! LOOOK!! IT'S A FLYING SQUIRREL!!!"

There are absolutely no words to descirbe my emotions for this particular situation. The middle schoolers were all laughing hysterically, as I was trying to hold in my coughing, and wheezing. After my coughing attack, I managed to get a hold of my voice tell the boy to take the squirrel somewhere else. I did not want to see it anymore. It was disgusting! After I started walking back to my house, the boy yelled out that he was going to take it home and get it stuffed.

Personally, I believed that. They were the crazy neighbors. Everything weird that they did, didn't phase me one bit. If someone were to tell me that they were going to be purchasing a unicorn, I wouldn't doubt it.

My day was pretty normal and boring until my sister got home, but it makes sense. That is usually when the bazaar, and the strange start to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment