"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Sunday, November 27, 2011

She Doesn't Get Out Much.

This blog entry is dedicated to my sister, who, I am almost positive, is the craziest girl in this world. Ashley Marie Mohler. Yes, our initials are the same, and Yes, our faces look the same, but, we are NOT the same person. Actually, we are total opposites.

When Ashley and I were little, we were always together, and doing something fun. One time, my parents purchased a new refrigerator, and Ashley and I found the box and claimed it ours. We set it up in the family room corner, put our pillows and blankets inside, and we lived in it. Ashley wanted it to be more "homey" so, we decided to bring in the forty-eight pack of crayons, (WITH the sharpener), and color all over the walls. We colored a television, some pictures, and we even had a thermostat. It was the best box I have ever lived in. And, Yes. I have lived in other boxes. Anyways. We lived in that box for almost a whole week. My dad finally had to beg us to get out by taking us out to dinner. When he offered that, we both looked at each other, and then looked at our cooler which was holding a few snacks and drinks we smuggled. Long story, short...that night we were eating like kings.

Ashley and I liked to entertain people too. We would always put on shows by singing and dancing to our favorite songs. And, sometimes, if the viewers we lucky, we would take requests. If we weren't singing or dancing, we were usually making up our own games.

For my birthday, I received a giant kitchen. It came stocked with fake food, snacks, and drinks. We would always play house, and chef. I was ALWAYS the chef. When we got tired of playing those games, we would stand at the bottom of the stairs with the fake food, and throw it up into the bathroom, hoping it would make it into the toilet. Looking back at that, it probably wasn't such a smart, and clean decision.

Sometimes, she is really crazy. She always is the one who is going to ask the "dumb" questions, or say the "dumb" remarks. Or, she is the person who stands up and pretends she won Bingo, just to make the other players mad.

Today is a good example, we had to go to Church for my baby cousins Baptism. She acted like she had never been to Church. She was cracking jokes, and the worst part was, I couldn't control my laughing. It was a good thing the Priest was cracking jokes too. She would make "dumb" jokes about things, that weren't even funny, but, I was laughing anyways. After we went up for communion, we went back to kneeling down, and she said "Wow, how did they know my favorite flavor was cardboard!?!?" Yes, we all know the host isn't the best, but it is not supposed to be. Then she started clapping when my cousin was getting the holy water poured on him. I tried to stop her, but I was laughing too hard.

When Ashley isn't being crazy, or wild, she is sleeping. Well, when she is awake, and not being crazy or wild, she is super nice. She always gets me things when I am laying down and being lazy. She always is sharing her things with me, especially her clothes. And, she is always the best sister anyone can ask for.

No matter how she acts in public or how much she makes me laugh at home, she is always going to be my sister. And, she is the best one she can be.

And, on those days, I think of the expression...You can't pick your family. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment