"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday.

Black Friday has always been something I HAD to experience. I brought it up to my mom, showed her the amazing deals at Walmart, and I put up a good fight. I had to make her say yes. All the Facebook statuses, and the hype were tempting me to get out there, and be part of the crowd.

Around ten o'clock, we headed out for an amazing journey. This was my fist time Black Friday Shopping, so, you could imagine how excited I was. Plus, I am usually in bed by ten, so it was craaazzy. When we pulled into Walmart, I couldn't believe my eyes. People were parking every where, the grass, the pavement, and the road. Every where I looked, there was either a car, or a crowd of people running to be apart of the amazing deals.

After we did a few rounds around the parking lot, we saw a car pulling out of a spot. We didn't even care to look at the spot, we just quickly pulled in, and started darting toward the entrance. My mom, sister, and I were not interested in buying anything big, we just wanted to go get some cheap movies. After we were handed the information sheet with the locations of the great deals, we began to hustle towards the movie area. When we got there, all the good movies were gone, and some were even on the ground broken. It was crazy. After we were walking back, we saw an entrance for a laptop and went over and started asking questions. One thing lead to another, and soon enough we ended up in line waiting for three laptops in the food aisles. Might I just say that having the line wait in the food aisles for two hours was NOT a good idea. People were opening the food, eating some, and then putting them back as if they were still in perfect condition.

Waiting in line, we meet some really nice people. The kind folks behind us were elderly people who were in line buying laptops for their grandchildren. The people across from us had the right idea. They did all their shopping and then got in line for the laptops. Then, they told me a story about their trip to Hoboken, New Jersey to go to Carlo's Bakery. (That is where I am going for my 16th birthday) The people in front of us were nice enough to share their opened cans of food that they generously kept taking off the shelves. Black Friday was nothing like I expected. It was absurd.

After we waited in line for two hours, we finally got our laptops. We quickly ran over to the cash registers, to see lines that were backed up all the way to the end of the store. As we walked back to the end of the lines, we saw an even shorter line in the "Tire" place. We jumped in the line, and we waited. We waited for about forty-five more minutes, and then we were finally cashed out. It was a great sigh of relief. When I looked down to make sure I had everything, I spotted some money on the ground. I picked it up, and I was jumping with joy. I unfolded the money, and there were three WHOLE dollars there!! I was acting like it was three hundred dollars, but, only in my dreams. It was a great night.

When we were walking out to the car, we spotted a parking ticket on the front window of our car. We all looked at each other and laughed. We were thinking of a good excuses to tell my dad, but, we were too busy laughing.

Black Friday is now a new tradition for me. I enjoyed ever minute of it. I made some new friends, found some money, received a new laptop, and got to spend quality time with the my family. It was a great night, and I wouldn't change a thing, well...maybe I could have found more money.

1 comment:

  1. Great shopping Mohler girls! PS - Did you pick up a laptop for me?

    ReplyDelete