"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A White Christmas.

Waking up on Christmas morning in my house, is somewhat painful. My little sister, Ashley jumps on me until I am 100% awake, screaming at the top of her lungs, "Wake up, wake up, WAKE UP!!!! SANTA WAS HERE!!!!". Then, on top of my sister, my mom comes yelling through out the whole house. "Wait! DO NOT open those gift until the camera is in my hands!!" And my dad, he is usually found on "his" chair, rummaging through his gifts, some of which are already half opened due to his eagerness. As for me, well, I am a sucker. I follow every ones demands, sit in the spot chosen for me, and I listen to what my little sister tells me.

Before this all took place, I was making my Christmas list. It was about mid November, and the only thing I was thinking about was how long we would have to wait for Christmas. Due to my lack of excitement, my Christmas list wasn't really a good one. I was just throwing random things on there, because I didn't really know what I wanted.

After a week went by, I got invited to my friends party. I arrived a little late, hoping that every one wouldn't mind, and, well, they didn't. After several knocks, and waiting in this HARSH December weather, I welcomed myself in. When I walked in to their quite house, I saw ten girls just sitting at the table holding up their smart phones. I set my stuff down, and walked over to the table to say hello. After my hello, I was greeted with some mumbles. I sat down and some talking started, but it wasn't about last weeks football game, or a relationship, it was about their smart phones, and the cool features they had. At that moment, thinking "Hey, maybe this could break the silence!", I pulled out my phone. My phone was broken. I thought it was funny, but I guess not. I carried on anyways. "Wow! Look at all these cool features my phone has! It even has a flash light!" (FYI, it really didn't have a flash light, it was just some light that shined through the broken part on my phone.) I thought I was being funny, but not to anyone else. Right then, and there, I knew exactly what I wanted for Christmas. A White iPhone. (Cue the sounds of the angles..."haaaaaaaaaaa")

In order to make this convincing, I made a list. A list was a perfect idea, because 1. I could get creative. And 2. Because every good idea comes with a list.

Here are a few of my reasoning's:
1. I wouldn't have to sit at parties talking to myself.
2. Ellen DeGeneres has The White iPhone. If I had it, we would practically be twins!
3. Say goodbye to long car rides!
4. I wouldn't have to lug around a phone, and an iPod anymore! It would be combined into one!
5. I could go on Facebook, Blogger, and Tumblr with NO PROBLEM!!
6. I would be considered "cool". Because every one is cool if they have an iPhone.
7. If we got lost, guess what?!? The iPhone has a compass, AND a GPS! I know, it's THAT great!
8. I wouldn't lose my phone anymore because I would be super careful with The iPhone.
9. If I was bored, I could play Angry Birds! Everyone loves a good game of Angry Birds!
10. My face would be "PRICELESS" on Christmas morning if I unwrapped an iPhone. :)

I explained to Santa in my Christmas List all of these great reasons for the iPhone, and I felt like he thought I was crazy.

On Christmas morning, after I was jumped on, and yelled at, I got around to opening my gifts. The sixth gift I opened was a medium sized box. When I violently ripped the paper off, it appeared to be a shoe box. I opened up the box, and saw a TON of bubble rap. (which to me is like a gift, because it is SOOOO entertaining.) Anyways. I unrolled the bubble rap, laughing a few times at the noise it was making, and there, laying at the bottom of the shoe box, on Christmas morning were all my reasons put in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment