"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Monday, December 12, 2011

Laughing Out Loud.

Yes, I am one of those people. I sit by myself, completely alone, and I laugh. I laugh until I can not laugh anymore. It's embarrassing. I know, I have been told. I will be watching one of my DVRed shows, something funny will happen, and I will burst out into laughter. Thank God for DVR! As soon as my laughter breaks out I pause the show, and if it is that funny...Yes, I will rewind, and watch it again.

After I finish watching the same ten seconds over, and over again, I continue on with my show.

It's sort of like a disease. Or, if I wanted to look at the glass half full, it's a gift. Let's not be humble here. It's a disease, a bad one too. The symptoms are, 1) sitting by yourself...CHECK. 2) Not being able to hold a drink in your hand, because you are too afraid you are going to spill it as you break out hysterically...CHECK. 3) Second guessing if you need to change your pants after your laughter break out...CHECK.

It's definitely a disease. But, I can't help it. I'm a lonely, crazy "LOL-er". It's not my fault, though, it's the shows I watch. They are all full of hilarious people, with hilarious lines. The Big Bang Theory, Glee, Modern Family, Suburagatory, The Ellen Show, and many more. They are the reason all my pants are in the wash, and there are multiple stains on my carpet, (just an exaggeration, it fit in there well. My house really doesn't have grape juice stains everywhere). Anyways, it's there fault I "caught" this disease. Blame them, not me.

What makes me ponder, is that I laugh at the stupidest things that anyone could say. For example, today I was catching up on all my shows, and I was watching Friday's Ellen. She made the corniest joke, ever, but, I still laughed. WAIT!! That was a bad example. Ellen is just funny in general. Ummm, Ohhh. I got one! Today, I was watching The Big Bang Theory, and they made an inappropriate joke, and I laughed so hard. Why the HECKKKKK did I laugh?!?! It was rude, foul, and very inappropriate! Maybe that show wasn't a good example.

My point is that, well, I don't really have a point. But, I am hoping I am not the only one suffering from LOLastrofia. (Just a fancy name I made up for someone who sits alone and laughs out loud). I'm a victim of LOLastrofia, and I am not afraid to admit it. Now, my glass is being looked at half full, but from a distance. I can't afford another stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment