"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not So "Normal".

Normal. It's a word many people are supposed to "act" up to. It never happens. Its just like being perfect, no one is. Therefore, no one is normal.

Here I am, at 9:19 in the morning, laying on my friends couch watching my  seven other friends sleep. It's crazy! They just all lay there like normal teenagers. They sleep in until noon, or even longer.

Here I am at 9:23 pondering about this normal teenager sleeping situation. Does it make me not normal if I am awake? But, even if I tried to sleep, I couldn't. I'm not normal. I have never slept in. That word is not even in my vocabulary.

Wait! There is alwaaaayyys an exception. The day after New Years last year, I slept till 9:45. It was insane! I felt like a bum, like my whole day was wasted. But, then I just looked to my right and saw my other friends sleeping. So, does that still count as sleeping in?

There are SO many things you can be doing except for sleeping, or watching your friends sleep. I will make a list for the rest of the "non-normal" people out there.

1. You could build a fort- why not? It's a blast! You could, (hopefully), find a friend who is awake to join you.

2. Make some food- maybe try out a new recipe you have dying to try.

3. Make a craft- it is the holiday season, maybe a nice colored wreath, or a picture of a tree.

4. Start watching a new show- that's what I did, and now I'm addicted to Desperate Housewives.

5. Call someone- no one talks on the phone anymore. EVER. It's like a sin now, everything HAS I be in text formation.

I hope those suggestions helped all you "non-normal" people out there. Some have worked in the past, but, just a fair warning about number two. If you are going to try a new recipe, that's great! But, if you are at someone else's house, 1. Don't make a mess. 2. Don't start a fire. And 3. If you are going to try a new recipe, make sure you remotely know how to preform it.

So, here I am at 9:39, waiting for my friends to wake up. I am sitting in my fort, eating some chicken pot pie, coloring a Christmas tree from a coloring book, talking to my friend on the phone,  and watching Desperate Housewives on Netflix. Pssh, and they say I'm not "normal".

1 comment:

  1. :)
    You are as "normal" as they come!
    And you make your parents PROUD!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete