"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Friday, May 4, 2012

Growing Pains

In the last few days, I have noticed a few major things in my life. From the title of my blog, you are probably thinking that my knees are hurting from growing, well, they're not. And, don't get my hops up that I will grow anymore because I don't believe I will...

But, anyways. For anyone who knows me, I am a very emotional person. I take things to heart. Everything. I am a crier. Personally, I wish I wasn't but, it's just the cards I was dealt. The last few days have been extremely emotional for me. I blame my emotions on the growing pains.

It is painful to grow up and now I am just realizing that. Every since I can remember, I wanted a family and to be married right away. Now, I am noticing how fast this year has gone, and how I can, in fact wait.

This year was really tricky for me. I switched to a different school, not knowing anything. Every time I think of the beginning of the year I think of a part from my favorite Dr. Seuss book, Oh, The Places You'll Go!

"You will come to a place where the streets are not marked. Some windows are lighted. But mostly they're darked. A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin! Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?"

Well, I went in. At first, the streets were not marked, and some windows were lighted and some were dark, but, I adventured on, just like the book.

This week was the last week for the Seniors at my school. Watching them from the first day of school and thinking 'I can't wait to be them', I anticipated for that day. Well, that was before I developed growing pains. My growing pains made me realize that sooner or later, I will be in the same position the Senior class is in right now. I will go through my last day of school, my last day wearing a uniform, and my last day of high school. It actually really hurts to think about it. It hurts just like growing pains.

I have realized that I have never laughed and smiled so much in one year, it is actually unfathomable.

Everyday that I go to classes, I develop more growing pains. Everyday, classes get harder, tests become longer, and homework loads become voluminous. Every single day that passes, my growing pains add up, and by the time I am a senior walking through the doors of my school one last time, I will have enough growing pains added up in order to go on in life.

For me, that seems extremely scary. Entering a new chapter in your life, going into the unknown. Just like the book. Going somewhere, where the streets are not marked. It's just unthinkable. Some say it is not fair that we grow up, and I agree. I enjoy the growing pains that I have now, and I feel like I just can't take anymore. But, that's life.

So, bring on the growing pains. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment