"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.



Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sorrow To Suprise!

All week long, (starting last Monday) I had been in the worst mood ever. And, I am not just talking hitting my arm, and falling on my face. I am talking about being in tears everyday, always bumping into things, bad moods at every hour of the day. Now, that's what I am talking about!

Everything that could go wrong, was going wrong. I was beyond over powered by homework, I was behind on my research project, and I was assigned waaaaaaaay to many pages to read for just one night. On top of the school work, I had softball every single day, and because of that I didn't get home at a reasonable time. I would be up for countless hours finishing homework, and then get ready for bed. On some nights, I would notice as my head hit my pillow, that I was getting in bed at such an absurd times such as 12:30! I have NEVER, EVER gone to bed that late on a school night before. On Thursday, I felt like such a bad kid, I couldn't even fall asleep. I'm just a really, really bad kid...what can I say?

Anyways, after my bad week at school ended, I had the weekend to catch up on all my homework, and that is exactly what I did. I stayed in my room for eight hours straight, (minus bathroom breaks, and a little snack here and there), on Saturday and did my homework. THEN I was thinking that I had the rest of the weekend to finish my homework so I decided to take a break, BUT I forgot my friend asked me to go to the mall with her.

In a frantic, I woke up early Sunday morning to get the rest of my work done. I spent an additional three hours on my homework, and then I looked at my clock and noticed it was 12:30, and my friend was picking me up at 1:30 for the mall. Thinking about how much work I still had to get done, I almost cancelled on my friend, but I didn't.

When I was finally ready, I was waiting outside for my friend to pick me up. I see a few cars pass by, and get excited, but, it wasn't her. Then, out of nowhere, a limo bus comes driving down my street, and I did a double take. I look at my mom, who is now smiling uncontrollably, and I see all my friends running at me.

The limo bus took my friends and I to Niagara Falls, Kelly's Country Store, Mississippi Mudds, and Blasdell Pizza. It was THE best birthday party I have ever had.


It turns out that I have one of the best mothers EVER. To anyone who thinks they can compete against my mother, let me know, and we will arrange a challenge. She. Is. Better.

Thank you to everyone who helped out with planning, and keeping it a secret from me. It really was the best surprise of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Surprise Amanda!!!! That is CLASSIC and yes, your Mom is one of a kind, that's for sure! She was always such a caring Mommy from the first day she set eyes on you, and then, Ashley! Her love, support, encouragement and nurturing has made you both the beautiful, fun loving and really caring people you are today! Have an super 16th....you soooo deserve it! <3

    ReplyDelete